BOTOX® CAPE CORAL
What is Botox®?
Botox® is the #1 selling product of its kind globally, with sales of over 10 million vials in the US alone. Botox treatment is a safe and effective way to appear younger. This method is more efficient and effective than your everyday skincare routine.
Botox is an injection-based treatment that leaves patients looking younger and relieved of stress. The main ingredient in Botox, Botulinum Toxin, was discovered in 1920 by Justinus Kerner, who identified the ingredient’s ability to send nerve signals across the body that relax muscles. Today this chemical is used worldwide to relax facial muscles and make you look younger. A simple injection of botulinum toxin can heal your face from crow’s feet, wrinkles, and other minor cosmetic complications.
Botox Injection Experience
When it comes to your health, you want to trust a healthcare professional who will get the job done right. Dr. Taylor is a board-certified physician providing Botox (Botulinum Toxin) treatments in Cape Coral, Florida. She has administered thousands of Botox injections, so you can rest assured that you are in good hands.
How Botox Works
Botulinum Toxin treatment is a simple procedure performed in minutes without local anesthesia, with only minimal discomfort. Dr. Taylor will administer a few injections of the botulinum toxin product into the muscle, distributing the medicine from the injection site into your problematic areas. This procedure reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the face.
Botox relaxes the contraction of facial muscles by blocking nerve impulses, resulting in muscles that can no longer contract; therefore, noticeable wrinkles relax and soften. When you receive Botox treatment(s), it typically takes two to four days to see a dramatic cosmetic improvement, and the visual effects tend to last from four to six months.
What Is a Neurotoxin?
A common concern for new patients trying Botox® or similar injectables is the toxicity of these products. Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®, and Jeaveau™ are derived from a neurotoxin that can be used to alter the function of nerve tissue. These compounds are safe to use when injected via a needle but should not be taken orally. Dosages vary from patient to patient.
The chemicals work to eliminate nerve cells in specific areas, leaving behind an opportunity for cells to grow back on their own. Neurotoxins can be used for a variety of different medical conditions, such as treating migraine headaches and limb spasms. Botulinum toxin-A was first approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in the late 1900s. Its increased effectiveness throughout the years has further expanded the use of neurotoxin.
Botox® and the family of fillers are completely safe and FDA-approved procedures that last up to six months. These treatment plans are designed to help keep your skin looking smooth and wrinkle-free. Consult with Dr. Taylor to learn more about the available treatments and determine the best plan for you.
Where Can Botox Be Administered?
Frown lines (between eyebrows)
- When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your eyebrows contract, causing the skin to crinkle.
- Botox injections into these muscles will help make frown lines look better for the time being.
- When you raise your eyebrows, the muscles on your forehead contract, causing the skin to furrow and fold.
- Botox injections into these muscles will help make forehead lines temporarily look better.
- During your consultation, Dr. Taylor may recommend Botox with a Dermal Filler or Ultherapy. If you want to learn more about getting rid of forehead wrinkles with Botox, contact Dr. Taylor today to schedule your free consultation.
Expression lines (top of the nose)
- Expression lines are the creases that appear when we sniff or smell and can remain for long periods.
- The appearance of these facial wrinkles can be reduced with carefully placed injections around the nose. Dr. Taylor can administer these injections to give you a younger, more relaxed-looking appearance.
AROUND THE EYES:
- The brows are well structured, and its position above the eye stays high on younger faces. However, aging causes your brows to drop and give your eyelids a ‘hooded’ appearance.
- Since every person’s face is different, the precise placement of the injectable treatment and the intended overall result will be determined with Dr. Taylor during your consultation.
Wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet)
- Botox is the only FDA-approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe crow’s feet around the eyes caused by repeated muscle contractions over many years.
- When you squint or smile, the muscles around your eyes contract, causing crow’s feet.
- Botox injections into these muscles will help make crow’s feet temporarily look better.
Under the eyes
- Dr. Taylor can administer Botox to reduce “under-eye bags” – the area between your lower eye and upper cheek.
- Dr. Taylor will advise the best treatment plan during your consultation.
Lipstick lines (around the mouth)
- The fine lines around the mouth become more apparent with age.
- Botox injections could reduce the appearance of lipstick lines and give you a more youthful face.
Chin Botox (to prevent dimpling)
- As we age, the muscles in the chin, known as the mentalis muscles, become overactive – causing them to flex, resulting in dimples.
- The following issues worsen the situation:
- tissue loss, making the skin appear thinner
- sun exposure
- bone loss
- gum recession
- receding chin
- Chin Botox can be used to relax these muscles, and reduce the appearance of dimples.
Jawline & Neck
- Lines and wrinkles can develop around the neck as we age due to several factors, including:
- the effects of gravity on the skin
- weakened collagen
- overworked facial muscles
- Botox can smooth lines around the neck in a procedure known as the “Nefertiti lift”.
- Horizontal – As we age, horizontal creases or bands naturally form on the neck. We can reduce these lines by injecting small amounts of Botulinum Toxin above and below the wrinkles.
Jaw Angle (Teeth Grinding — bruxism)
- Prolonged episodes of teeth grinding and jaw clenching can result in:
- worn teeth
- Botox injected into the jaw can relax the muscles and effectively treat the condition.
What to Expect after a Botox Treatment
Some patients report that the injections feel like a pinch at the injection site when they receive Botox. You may notice a visible smoothing of frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines within 24 to 48 hours, with results lasting up to six months for moderate to severe frown lines in adults.
Possible Side Effects of Botox
- Swelling or bruising at the injection site
- Headache or flu-like symptoms
- Droopy eyelids or cockeyed eyebrows
- Crooked smile or drooling
- Eye dryness or excessive tearing
While it is uncommon, Botulinum Toxin can spread across your body. Call your doctor immediately if you experience the following symptoms because they could be life-threatening:
- Muscle weakness
- Vision problems
- Trouble speaking or swallowing
- Breathing problems
- Loss of bladder control
- Overactive bladder
- In rare cases, allergic reactions
Dr. Taylor will discuss the possible side effects of your treatment during your consultation appointment. This appointment helps Dr. Taylor provide the proper medical advice for you before continuing with the treatment.
Most patients require additional treatments to remove noticeable lines and wrinkles as they reappear. However, each subsequent treatment will lessen the severity of noticeable wrinkles. Botox is not a permanent treatment. If you discontinue treatments, the moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines will gradually return.
Click on the links below to learn more and compare the Botox® family of fillers:
Dr. Taylor may discuss other aesthetic treatments to Botox® including:
Dr. Taylor offers the Alle® reward program,
a program that allows you to earn points and save on future
treatments or purchases with all participating products.
What special promotions are available and how do they work?
You can sign up for email notifications and Dr. Taylor will alert you when special promotions may occur.
Which products are included within Alle ®
You can earn points and redeem coupons for the following Allergan products and treatments:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic – Points can only be earned on treatments with out-of-pocket costs greater than $200.
- JUVÉDERM ULTRA® XC
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC
Do my points ever expire?
Yes, points will expire 9 months from the date issued.
How do I access my Alle ® account?
Once registered, there are many ways you can access your account.