Botox Injections Experience Matters
Dr. Taylor is a board-certified physician providing Botox treatments in Cape Coral, Florida and has administered 1,000’s of Botox injections, so you can rest assured, you are in good hands.
How It Works
Botox treatment is a simple procedure performed in minutes without local anesthesia, with only minimal discomfort.
Moderate to Severe Frown Lines
- When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your eyebrows contract, causing the skin to furrow and fold.
- Botox injections into these muscles will help make frown lines temporarily look better.
Moderate to Severe Crow’s Feet
- When you squint or smile, the muscles around your eyes contract, causing crow’s feet.
- Botox injections into these muscles will help make crow’s feet temporarily look better.
Moderate to Severe Forehead Lines
- When you raise your eyebrows, the muscles on your forehead contract, causing the skin to furrow and fold.
- Botox injections into these muscles will help make forehead lines temporarily look better.
Dr. Taylor will administer a few injections of the Botox prescription into the muscle, distributing the medicine from the injection site into your problematic areas. The cosmetic treatment will also improve fine lines, moderate to severe crows feet, and frown lines between the eyebrows.
The Botox prescription works to relax the contraction of facial muscles by blocking nerve impulses. This results in muscles that can no longer contract, and therefore noticeable wrinkles relax and soften. When you receive Botox treatment(s), it typically takes two-to-four days to see a dramatic cosmetic improvement, and the visual effects tend to last from four-to-six months.
What to Expect after a Botox Treatment
Some patients report that the injections feel like a pinch at the injection site when they receive Botox. You may begin to notice a visible smoothing of frown lines, crows feet, and forehead lines within 24 to 48 hours, with results lasting up to 4 months for moderate to severe frown lines in adults.
Most patients require re-treatment to remove noticeable lines and wrinkles as they begin to reappear. However, each subsequent treatment will lessen the severity of noticeable wrinkles.
Botox is not a permanent treatment. If you discontinue treatment, the moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines will gradually return.