Restylane® Kysse Cape Coral
Restylane Kysse is an injectable gel composed of hyaluronic acid (HA is a naturally occurring sugar found in the human body) and crosslinked with BDDE, an ingredient that helps form a network of HA to provide a gel filler that lasts longer. Restylane Kysse also contains 0.3 % lidocaine to reduce pain during injection.
As we age, our skin cells tend to lose their ability to produce hyaluronic acid (HA). Restylane Kysse is designed to add fullness to the lips and helps smooth wrinkles around the upper lip, also known as perioral lines, in patients over the age of 21. In the Restylane Kysse study, most side effects were short-lasting (7 days or less) with mild or moderate. Typical side effects include redness, swelling, pain, itching, lumps, bruising, and discoloration.
To add fullness, Restylane Kysse is injected with an ultrafine needle into your lips. It can also help smooth the wrinkles around your upper lip (perioral lines) by injecting Restylane Kysse into the skin above your lips.
Restylane Kysse treatment areas:
What will Restylane Kysse do for me?
Restylane Kysse temporarily adds volume to the lips and help smooth the wrinkles above your mouth. Restylane Kysse was studied in many subjects like yourself to determine if it was effective and to ensure that it is safe for use.The study doctors reported:
- 77% (129/168) of subjects had at least a 1-point improvement in lip fullness 6 months after treatment
- 60% (101/169) of subjects had at least a 1-point improvement in lip fullness 12 months after treatment
The subjects reported:
- 88% (148/169) rated an improvement in the appearance 6 months after treatment
- 78% (132/169) rated an improvement in the appearance 12 months after treatment
How was Restylane Kysse Studied?
Restylane Kysse was tested, to ensure that it worked properly (effective) and was safe to use, in a clinical study before it was approved for use in all subjects. This study included 261 women, 9 men, and were from various ethnic groups with multiple skin tones (pale to dark skin). Each of these subjects expressed desire to augment their lips. Subjects could also treat the lines around the upper lip.
The study was created to compare two different dermal filler gel products. It was conducted by 14 different doctors in 14 different locations across the United States.
Subjects who participated in the study received an initial treatment with Restylane Kysse or another similar dermal filler gel. The selection of product was randomly assigned to each subject so that 185 subjects received Restylane Kysse and 88 subjects received the comparator product. Touch-up injections were given as needed after 4 weeks with the same product as used at the initial treatment. Each subject was monitored for 12 months following the procedure to measure the effect of treatment. For each subject, the amount of product used was based on their individual need.
In order to objectively measure improvements in lip augmentation over 12 months, each subject was evaluated by a doctor other than the one who had performed the treatment. Subjects also evaluated themselves. To measure side effects following the procedure, each subject kept a diary for 30 days to record side effects. These were then shared with the doctors.
After 12 months, all subjects could receive an optional treatment with Restylane Kysse, independent on what product they had been treated with initially. Subjects that received re-treatment were monitored for another 4 weeks for the effect and safety of repeat treatments.
Restylane Kysse Procedure Information
What happens in the office before the injection?
Note that each doctor may have a unique process for treating patients. The following is an example of what your doctor may do before the injection procedure:
- Talk to you about your medical history, including questions about prior procedures, surgeries, illnesses and medications you have taken.
- Talk to you about your desired results for your procedure.
- Examine your face and discuss whether Restylane Kysse is the right treatment for you.
- Review what you should expect during and after the procedure.
- Let you know of any possible side effects that you may experience, and what to do if you experience these.
- Take photos of the area of your face that will be treated.Your doctor may also have additional ways of evaluating patients and preparing them for a procedure.
What happens during the procedure?
Your doctor may do the following during your procedure:
- Your skin will be cleansed prior to treatment
- Use a cream or ointment called a topical anesthetic to numb the area where you will receive your injection.
- Your doctor will begin the procedure by giving you the first injection, then pausing to allow the anesthetic that is part of Restylane Kysse to continue to numb the area around your injection. The anesthetic part of Restylane Kysse has been shown to significantly reduce the pain and discomfort that may occur with a dermal filler gel injection.
- Your doctor will continue the injection of Restylane Kysse until the area being treated shows the desired results.
- After the injection is completed, your doctor may gently massage the area that was treated to ensure the dermal filler gel is distributed evenly and looks natural.
What should patients do after receiving treatment?
- A clean cloth dipped in cold water (cold compresses) wrung out, and applied to the injected area may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling.
- Avoid touching the treated area within six hours following treatment so you do not accidentally injure your skin while the area is numb. After that, the area can be gently washed with soap and water.
- Avoid taking aspirin, NSAID, St. John’s Wort, blood thinners, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to excessive heat, sun, or UV lamps for the first 24 hours after treatment. Exposure to any of these may cause temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site. Until there is no redness or swelling, avoid exposure of the treated area to intense cold or heat such as sun lamps or sun bathing.
Dr. Taylor offers other dermal filler gels in Cape Coral that are available to you for treatment. Additionally, there are alternative treatments such as Botox, laser therapy and chemical peels for the treatment of lines and wrinkles. You can discuss these treatments with Dr. Taylor to determine which one is right for you.
If you or someone you know is interested in learning more about the Restylane Collection of Fillers or any other medical aesthetics, call Dr. Taylor’s Cape Coral office at 239-540-9918 to be scheduled for a consultation today.